Saturday

Mmm - a bit thrown and a tear or two

Strange.  When I took the dressing off on Friday I was just delighted with how quick it had started healing, though looked a bit messy on the end.  Then started freaking out that it had gone septic, decided to let it dry out a bit and decided once again I was being a drama queen.  Over the last few days that yellow has started to go.

Had to go back to the hospital today, and saw the lovely sweetest nurse, the one who held my hand all the way through the surgery - she really was the loveliest lady, I gave her the biggest hug when I left and thought I probably wouldn't see her again.  Anyway today the Doctor wasn't available but she was.  As soon as she came over I was suddenly overwhelmed and wanted to bawl my eyes out!  She said I had healed so well, after the worry of 'such major surgery to your face' that phrase just knocked me over.  I think I have been playing it all down a bit, but when I left I just wanted to sob and sob.
Apparently though, that yellow wasn't just a little wet scabbing and maybe I should have gone back on Monday (course what do you do at weekends?).  She gave me some antibiotic cream to put on it for the next 5 days.
I saw one of the other people who was having surgery at the same time, no dressing and I had thought he'd had a lot of work as well, but he just had this tiny little inch scab, that was all, I think that was really when it sank in.
And suddenly over the last couple of hours (after the cream) it seems to be settling right down and now... looks like the end might not be quite as good as I was hoping, think there will be some weird dent in it, which would kinda make sense as there was a big hole underneath.
I kinda thought my 3 week sick note was a tiny bit of a skive, now I'm not so sure, I feel very shaky today - silly I know, but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment